Our 10 Favorite Words and Phrases from Robert Sietsema’s Bundu Khan Review
10. bilious green
8. “Name That Organ”
7. bumpy brown morass
6. no discernable cat
4. “Oriental spices”
1. Hans Meat-O-Rama
See the whole review here—and stay tuned for what Sietsema has to say about Long Island clams in our Seashore issue.
Argentina 0 (4) - Netherlands 0 (2)
Sergio Romero comes up big and stops two shots in the penalty kicks as Argentina moves on to the final where they will face Germany. The Netherlands will play Brazil for Third Place on Saturday.
In the fall I’ll be a high school senior and I’m really looking to become a doctor. I know I have awhile before I have to pick my specialty but I was just wondering what you do specifically in family medicine? Do you work in a hospital? How long were you in school? Etc and how do you like if so…
Germany 7 - Brazil 1
TSK: A Rash, and No Idea Why...
- Cranquis: So you've had this horribly itchy, whole-body, hive-like rash for 5 days?
- Patient: yes.
- Cranquis: And you can't think of ANYTHING that may have changed in your environment in the past couple weeks?
- Patient: no. i have No Idea Why i got this rash.
- Cranquis: So no new medications, or... (rattling off a list of usual suspects for rashes)...tick bites, deodorant, medications, foods... (still rattling)... soaps, medications, pets, poison ivy, medications...
- Patient: no, no, nope, nopey-nope, naw, nein, no...
- Cranquis: Hmm, well. This looks like an allergic reaction, and since it's been so severe for you, I think we should treat you with a short course of oral steroids, such as prednisone.
- Patient: oh i don't know i've heard of prednisone that's a strong medicine doesn't it cause problems?
- Cranquis: Yes, it can... (gives usual pros-and-cons of prednisone speech)... and can cause interactions with certain medications, such as Levaquin...
- Patient: oh well then i can't take it.
- Cranquis: Why?
- Patient: well because i'm taking Levaquin.
- Cranquis: Uhh...
- Patient: yeah i didn't want to tell you because i got it from my daughter i was having a runny nose and she had some Levaquin left over so i started taking it...
- Cranquis: ...5 days ago.
- Patient: uh, yeah.
- (Cranquis: Ok, I'm going to refer you to our audiologist, because apparently the Levaquin has also destroyed your sense of hearing.)
The view of downtown from Reedy Creek.